Power up your hearing aids to power up your life
You just got fitted for a hearing aid and you can’t wait to hear all the sounds you’ve been missing. Then you find out there’s a list of hearing accessories that you may also need. Don’t worry, there is some maintenance involved with caring for your hearing device, but upkeep is not costly or complicated.
Our audiologists will show you what you need—and what you don’t—to get the most out of your hearing aid.
Read more about:
How do I know which battery to order for my hearing aid?
Hearing aid batteries are standardized with number and color codes to make it easy to find what you need. The easy-to-remember codes are 675 (Blue), 13 (Orange), 312 (Brown) and 10 (Yellow).
How do I know what color or number battery fits my hearing aid?
Your hearing care professional will tell you what size and color of batteries you need.
How long will my battery last?
Hearing aid batteries will typically last about 5-7 days depending on the size of the battery, your model hearing aid, level of hearing loss and the demands of the location where you use them. The more active your hearing aid is, the more battery power will be used.
Why don’t these batteries last longer?
Watch batteries may last years but require little power to keep ticking. Hearing aids require more power to perform complex functions to amplify sound correctly to meet your needs in varying listening environments.
How can I avoid running out?
Simple, keep a month’s supply of batteries for your hearing aids on hand, about 8-10, and order more once you’re down to 8, to allow for shipping time.
Where should I store my hearing aid batteries?
The best place is right where you store your hearing aid at night: in a bedside table. That way the batteries will be there when you put your hearing aids in first thing in the morning. You may want to keep spares with you in your hearing aid carrying case, too.
It’s NOT a good idea to keep batteries in the refrigerator. Condensation and moisture can harm them. Avoid extremes in temperature too. Hearing aid batteries like room temperature—just like you.
Hearing Aid Accessories
Custom Ear Molds and Plugs
We provide custom hearing protection as well as custom molds for iPods and Sleep Plugs. We also sell Musician Plugs ER-9, 15, 25 and Musician’s Monitors.
Cell Phone Accessories
We offer a complete inventory of cell phone accessories.
All About Batteries
We recommended the Rayovac PROLINE batteries, which you can only buy from us or another Audiologist.
Why do we do this?
- Batteries you buy anywhere else generally do not last as long, since they may sit in a ware house for a long time before they are delivered to the store, with uncontrolled temperature and humidity.
- We buy batteries FRESH, direct from the manufacturer, with a 4 year shelf life, 4 year unconditional guarantee (if any battery fails that you bought from us, we’ll replace it…..no questions asked, and at no charge) and at a price which is less than you can buy batteries at a retail store.
- We want your hearing aid (s) working perfectly, and that means using the right battery all of the time.
What’s the deal?
- You receive one package of 8 batteries per hearing aid when you are first fit.
- We use a ‘battery club’, which has no fee to join.
- Battery Club gets you 6 packages of batteries for the price of 5 (48 batteries).
- You can pick them up as needed at either of our offices, take all of them at once or have them mailed out to you (mailing fee is not included). How you do it does not affect the guarantee.
- As a battery club member, you will be eligible for promotions during the year and a complimentary package of batteries on your birthday, as long as you pick them up at the office during your birthday month.
Questions?? Ask your audiologist or any staff member.
Meet the Team
The best way to pick the right hearing expert is to get to know them.
What People Say
Find out what people you may know in your community say about our services.
Talk to the Experts
Call us today to cut through the confusion about hearing loss and hearing aids.
“Very helpful and kind. Brought my mom to buy some wax sticks, nothing more. Doctor asked if my mom could walk from waiting room into exam room so he could check both units for wax. Cleaned the units, checked her ears for wax, then gave me the wax cleaning sticks for free. Wished me a nice holiday and smiled at my mom and me. I told him I’ll be in to see him soon… This time to get my own ears tested. Highly recommend this office!”
Marisol Q., Patient